The edcentre.ca High School Online course offerings are designed to offer any Northern Saskatchewan School Age or Adult student the ability to obtain their Grade 10, 11, and 12.
K-9 online classes were introduced in the 2020/21 school year.
Navigate the tabs below to view learning K-9 learning outcomes and High School course descriptions.
The Kindergarten curriculum introduces new students to their formal education. They will begin to learn to understand and appreciate language, discover how math fits into their life, explore relationships between science, technology, and themselves, and take a closer look at people and the world around them. Students will also have the opportunity to express their place in the world through creative and physical activity.
- English A 10 – This course follows two main themes: 1. Heroes 2. Adventure
- English B 10 – This is an issues based course that explores pressures, racism, equality and perceptions.
- Native Studies 10 – The aim of Native Studies 10 is to help students develop their knowledge, positive attitudes and cultural understanding about First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples.
- Science 10 – This is a general science course which introduces learners to biology, chemistry, and physics. Science 10 is a core grade 10 course, you need this credit to complete your grade 10.
- Foundations & Pre-Calculus Math 10 – This is one of two math courses at the Grade 10 level. Foundations and Pre-calculus Mathematics is the math class you need if you would like to continue in either Foundation Mathematics 20 or Pre-calculus 20 pathway. Topics covered include measurement, trigonometric ratios, polynomials, roots, powers, relations, linear functions and systems of linear equations.
- Workplace & Apprenticeship Math 10 – This is one of two math courses at the Grade 10 level. Workplace and Apprenticeship Math, often called Trades Math, explores math concepts geared towards the trades and workplace. Consumer math and trades geometry make up most of the course content.
- Communication Media 10 – The purpose of Communication Media is to provide experiences for students to inquire while developing understanding, skills, and abilities in audio, video, and interactive media production to communicate effectively.
- Music 10 – Music 10 has a focus on learning instruments, vocals, and other musically creative technologies. The elements of music are explored through both performing and theory. Personal goals are set and met with the teacher and student meeting one on one virtually to ensure progression of musical skills.